Pages

Wednesday 24 November 2010

My Journey to London!

So I woke up today. Today is my flight to London. After two years of wait and struggle, the time has finally arrived. It’s 2nd September 2010. And I am on my way to one the biggest cities in the world… London. Its 4 AM in the morning and im just lying there thinking how the day would pass. 9 hours on an airplane is no easy task, especially for those who are it for the first time.


I took a shower. When I came out, my father and mother already were waiting for me so they asked me to eat breakfast. After I was finished eating. I went back in my room and started a last minute check to see if everything is in order and everything is there. I changed into my clothes and went and sat with my mother. Who knows when I would be able to meet her again so I was sitting there… filling myself up with her warmth.

After a while later. My friends arrived. So I put on my trainers. Grab my suitcase and handbag. Grabbed my iPod nano. Bid my last farewell to my family. It was very hard for me to look at my mother in those last moments. I knew if our eyes met I would not be able to hold back my tears.

After everything was cleared and my journey started. I had to sit for whole 9 hours on a single wooden chair that was as congested as an egg trying to squeeze in a bottle. After 9 hours, I arrived in what I first seemed. A jungle. It was green. Everything was green and clean. My first impression was as if I have walked into a court that is about give its judgement. Strict and organised.

My brother was there to pick me up. I was astonished by how things work here. Every one was patient and yet fast in a dignified manner. I saw my first Astin Martin on airport. An Audi R8 on my way back from airport. The traffic was congested but very disciplined. We arrived home shortly. Houses/apartments here are different than what i was used to live in. U don’t get a canal house here. U don’t get a garage the size of a football stadium here. It is as if they try to gain as much as they can out of every little space. Im used to it now. Its good.

We went to have a BBQ at some Iranian restaurant later that night. It was nice. It has started to get cold here now. Temperature will soon start to go in minus (-). Its terrible in cold here.

My days are passing by and im looking forward to the day when I could see my mom again. I love you mother!

2 comments:

c0d3r said...

Oye .. its "Aston Martin" ... and ipod nano .. apple fanboy showoff lol..

And nice pic selection :)

Affan said...

hehe. Thanks for the heads up coder bhai.

Post a Comment